So... What is the score? Apple stock peaked over 700 in September and has been bouncing around. People are saying that the stock is undervalued. I would argue that at any given time, stock is right-valued. It is selling at the price people are willing to pay.
But what do I know as a customer and consumer?
- As a customer: I still use and want to use an iPhone and Apple laptop. I prefer to use Windows as a virtual on a server or my laptop. I am still happy with my iPhone 5. I am happy with my Apple TV as well, and kind of want a 2nd one. I have switched over my home networking to Apple products, and while that has drawbacks (a lack of information about usage) it works more reliably than products I have used in the past. I am even able to do backups with Apple solutions in a way that works.
- As a consumer: Apple stores are packed. Apple is selling more product than ever overall.
- Apple customers are in a wait-and-see-what-is-next mode with MANY products. This is not good for current profits.
- The new Mac Pro is out for a quarter
- Haswell comes to Macbook Pro
- Mavericks is out
- iOS7 is out
- new iPhones are out for a quarter
- the value of the 5S is proven - this may take 6 months after release
- updated iPads are released
- a future story for AppleTV is shipping and available for purchase